Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ultimate Grilled Cheese

No, this is not in reference to the Food Network series.  This is just my opinion.  But wow.  Anyone who is a fan of grilled cheese sandwiches needs to try this dish.

Ingredients:
1 tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
4-6 slices each muenster, swiss, monterey jack cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar
4-6 ounces cream cheese
Sliced pepperoni (optional)
1 Tbsp butter, melted
Sesame seeds

Using half the tube of crescent rolls, seal the seams and press into the bottom of an ungreased 8x8 baking dish.  Cover with 4 slices of each cheese and top with the cheddar.  Slice the cream cheese into about 1/2" slices and place on top of the cheddar.  Cover with pepperoni, if desired.  I'm not a fan of either cream cheese or pepperoni, so I put these on John's and Jocelyn's portions and just added an extra slice of the muenster and jack cheeses on my portion.  Cover with the remaining crescent roll dough, again with seams sealed.  Brush the top with the melted butter and top with sesame seeds.  Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.  It is extremely cheesy and melty and gooey and just fantastic.  I'll take pictures next time... it was devoured before I could get any!

Hope you enjoy!

This recipe was adapted from a recipe found in "More Fast Fixes With Mixes".

1 comment:

  1. I am so going to have to try this! It sounds amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete