Thursday, March 15, 2012

Easiest Chicken Dinner EVER!

It's been a crazy couple of weeks at our house.  And at work.  And at church.  And for life in general.  Progress is being made on my cross-stitch stocking, although I've had a couple days when I completed work and it didn't look like I had done anything.  I've read several books, but left the list lying around somewhere.  I'll find it eventually.  A couple good ones, a couple "meh" ones.  Nothing I hated, but nothing that blew me away.  Lots of different dinners, especially some of my old stand-bys from my childhood days.  I'll post on those eventually.

But then tonight.  I got back from school today and realized I was supposed to make dinner!  Ha!  So here's what I did:  I put a couple chicken breasts in a ziploc bag, added around half a cup of parmesan cheese (just the cheap, grated stuff), and a whole bottle of Italian dressing.  Mix in the bag, marinate in the refrigerator for a couple hours, bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.  I served it with ranch [instant] mashed potatoes and some steamed green beans. Oh my goodness.  John took one bite and declared it needs to be a repeat meal.  And for him, that's fairly high praise.  Jocelyn had seconds on both the chicken and the "papaytos".

A word of warning.  The marinating mixture does not look all that appetizing.  And in my opinion, parmesan mixed with Italian dressing does not smell all that appetizing.  But the cooking (baking?) smell was incredible and the fact that it's in the refrigerator covers a lot up.

But it was an incredibly easy meal to do and we really enjoyed it.

Happy Almost-Friday!

1 comment:

  1. That chicken dish sounds amazing! I'm always looking for new chicken bases recipes (you could say it's an obsession of mine)...and I can't wait to try this one out!

    Hope some of life's craziness ebbs so you can catch your breath a bit!

    ReplyDelete