Monday, February 13, 2012

More good eats

First, I guess this title is a little ironic considering that this very iconic show has ended as of this past Friday.  However, I think it's appropriate anyway :)  John and I decided to have an early Valentine's dinner and dessert and the food was enjoyed by all.
We started out with a Cheeseburger Pie (super easy and good enough that a 2 year old enjoyed it) in which I replaced the ground beef for ground turkey.  We then finished with a new dessert.  John took one bite and said "You're forgiven."  I said, "For what?"  "He said "Anything, ever...."  Needless to say we will be making these again.  The name?  Slutty brownies.  Yep.  And by far the easiest dessert I've ever made.  The recipe:

1 tube of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
1 package of oreos
1 package of brownie mix

Preheat to 350.  Lay parchment paper down in a 9x9 pan.  Press the cookie dough into the pan, and top with enough oreos to cover in a single layer.  Prepare the brownie batter as directed on the box and pour over everything.  Bake 30-35 minutes and then thoroughly enjoy!!

One note: I got a package of brownie mix that could have been used in a 8x8, 9x9, or 9x13 pan.  I had to bake for an extra 15 minutes and they were still really gooey in the middle.  Some people like that, others want everything baked through completely.  I probably could have baked it for another 5 minutes and they would still have been chewy without being burnt.

LOVE IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment