Friday, April 27, 2012

Life since spring break

What a crazy, incredibly quick month April has turned out to be.  A week of work (which happened to be Holy Week, which translates to LOTS of work!), Spring Break, and the two weeks since Spring Break, and the month is basically over!  Here's hoping the next six weeks or so go this quickly as well....


So what goes on in our corner of the world.  My parents and brother made the trek from Iowa to Virginia, as has become their custom for the past couple of spring breaks.  It's quite convenient that our Spring Break falls the week after Easter when my parents are able to travel.  We celebrated Jocelyn's third birthday a couple weeks early...

I think her favorite toy of the week was Uncle Jonathan.

We celebrated David's baptism....



The outfit was worn by both of John's uncles for their christenings.  My mom made new pants and so we had a multi-generational outfit :)  He was very curious by the baptismal fount and was a little ham during his trip up and down the aisle of the church.

I also FINALLY finished the stocking picture.  It's about bloody time....

The fabric is now with my mother, who has considerably better sewing skills than I do, who is putting together the actual stocking.  I'm happy with it.  I'm now working on a much smaller butterfly print, which should be finished quickly.  Pictures to follow!

Finally, I have the most beautiful irises coming up in my garden and I just wanted to share:



OH.  And last but not least, it's the end of the world as we know it.  I have.... JOINED A GYM!  AND I LIKE IT!!!  I'm not quite sure how this happened.  I let John talk me into it over last weekend.  Since then, I've been to the gym 4 out of the past 6 days.  And had one of the best workouts ever.  I will be at the gym tomorrow to start a new program.  I AM SO EXCITED!! 

1 comment: